Friday, January 08, 2010

Some Random Notes on the first week of 2010

First, today is January 8th, so there's only one week left of my 2nd Annual Half-Off Sale! Are your walls looking kinda bare once you put away all the holiday stuff? Maybe something here or here would look very nice on those bare spaces. :)

Outside the Box, acrylic/mixed media on canvas, 24"x 24", ©2009

This painting was accepted into and is on view through the end of January as part of Parklane Gallery's 2010 Contemporary Juried Show. The opening reception is this coming Thursday, January 14th, 6-8PM as part of Kirkland's ArtWalk. I'm not sure if I'll be there or not as I have a schedule conflict, but it still looks like a great show with lots of great artists, so I'd recommend checking it out.

Took my first ever "real" yoga class last night. Loved it! After years of using some great DVDs, it's nice to be instructed in person by a great instructor, in an actual yoga studio, and (this is the surprising part for me) with other people. I'm a pretty solitary person, and I was really afraid I'd be embarrassed or miss the solitude of doing yoga at home, but neither was true and I'm really looking forward to next week's class (thus, the schedule conflict).

And I recently discovered and am totally enjoying The Fluent Self blog. It's a delightful and fun place to be with lots of great ideas for getting destuckified*!
*one of the words you'll find their, and a small example of why it's so delightful

2 comments:

Seth said...

Happy New Year Angela!! And congrats on Outside the Box. A great piece!!

Angela Wales Rockett said...

Happy New Year to you too, Seth! Thank you!