Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Spring?

Even though we're only at the tail end of January, it was a beautiful spring-like day yesterday. The little birds were sunning themselves…

and sunlight streamed into my studio… and I finally felt like I was starting to recover from the cold I've been down with since last Thursday. A perfect day to paint!

And I did! I completed this 24" x 24" canvas that I started a couple of weeks ago (I apologize for the not so great photograph).

I also went to the library and checked out some gardening books. Just seemed like the right thing to do. :)

5 comments:

bridgette said...

so happy to see your posting your paintings again Angela!

I'm so jealous of your springlike weather. The other morning Noah asked me where all the birds were...

Peter said...

I like the look of your studio ... very enticing!

Seth said...

Wonderful texture here. And I am digging these shades of blue!

Angela Wales Rockett said...

Bridgette: It's actually kind of unusually spring like for January - but I'm not complaining. :)

Peter: Thanks - I'm really happy with the space - I actually like being in there! It will be even better in a few months when I've had a chance to paint the walls something other than yellow.

Seth: Thank you so much! As always, your comments are much appreciated.

Tina Steele Lindsey said...

Hey soul Sister, I've missed you! I LOVE your studio and your new work! Woot!