Thursday, February 18, 2010

Slow Recovery

I'm finally over that cold. It came back, then it turned into a sinus infection, then I had medicine head… Bleh.

I've been struggling with my art for quite a while now - months really. At first I told myself that it was just a down cycle, that I was just in a creative lull and tried to keep my hands moving anyway. But recently I've come to the realization that I'm actually full of creativity, it's just that what's being expressed isn't what I've come to expect from myself. My art is changing, and I don't really know what to think about the direction it seems to be taking, so I've been fighting it.

One good thing that came out of being sick was having a good long time to think about this, and to get to a point where I can let myself let it happen. I also came to recognize that one of the new elements that's trying to become part of my artwork is narrative.

I'm very curious to see how this is going to turn out!

And just so there's some color in this post, here are some random photos I've taken this past month.






No comments: