Saturday, June 12, 2010

Studio Notes - June 2010

My dear friends, family, and patrons,
It's finally beginning to feel like Summer today. After what seems like months of cold and grey and wet, it's sunny and blue and warm! I figure it's a good day to make some announcements.
I just re-opened my Etsy shop today with some small and very affordable works on paper like this monotype, "Blue Sun", 6"x 4", $15. To see more, please visit my Etsy shop.

I've recently realized that I never got around to changing the prices on my small art blog once my Half Off Sale was over earlier this year. So, go ahead and take advantage of my laziness! Since Father's Day and Graduations are all around us, I've decided to leave the half off prices up until the end of June! Give your dad a work of art not a tie! Give that grad a painting, not a pen set! Or maybe you know a June bride who needs art for her new home, or maybe you just need to treat yourself to something nice. :)

And now for the BIG news. This fall my artwork will once again make its way to New York City!!! I've been invited to participate in a group abstract art exhibit, and six of my pieces will be on display as part of "Cryptical Envelopment" between October 7th – 30th at Ico Gallery in the Chelsea district. There will be an opening reception on October 15th which I do plan to attend, and I hope to see some of you there too! It's so exciting to be a part of this exhibit, and to have an excuse to visit New York again! The curator and I still have to pick out exactly which 6 pieces, but this new and as-of-yet-untitled painting will probably be one of them.
I hope you're all well and I wish you all the best!
Angela
www.angelawalesrockett.com

4 comments:

Zappha said...

Congratulations Angela. New York is waiting.

cynthia said...

Congratulations on your NY Show!
And, I love the monotypes too...

bridgette said...

congrats Angela! That's so great! Hope you are well.

Gina said...

Congratulations on the NY show! I really love this new piece, Angela.