Monday, April 11, 2011

Cafe show

After all that talk about routine and structure, this past couple of weeks it's all gone out the window. My husband didn't just have a bad cold, he came down with pneumonia(!) and suddenly my priority changed from being an artist to being a full-time caretaker. (How you mothers out there do this all the time I'll never know! Just a few days of it nearly sent me over the edge.)

So now trying to get back into the swing of things. I'm already getting back into my studio routine, so maybe by next week I'll be back on topic and routine with my blog too.

In the meantime I'd like to let you know about my upcoming art exhibit! It was originally scheduled for June, but got moved up to this month(!) so I've had to scramble a bit, but I should have everything ready to hang this Friday.

This is the postcard I just made for the show, and just sent off to be printed. The image is Ether Light, a painting that will be in the show and which I completed late last year. It's acrylic/mixed media on a 30" x 40" canvas. The location of the show is my favorite coffee house, Amocat Cafe, which also just happens to be right around the corner from my studio in downtown Tacoma. This is a very good thing! (Some mornings it's an essential thing.) My paintings will be on display there from April 16th - May 31st, and we're planning a "meet the artist" reception on April 29th, 5 - 7PM.

PS - this painting was a real bear to get a good photograph of, so I owe a huge thank you to local photographer Jason Ganwich for doing such a great job!

2 comments:

learn oil painting said...

I like your blog!...Daniel

Angela Wales Rockett said...

Thank you, Daniel!

Your paintings are beautiful!