Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Back to life...

The day after I wrote this post, I started having the same symptoms as my husband. I went to the doctor and luckily I didn't have pneumonia, but I did have acute bronchitis. And now, nearly a month later, I'm finally feeling truly well again. The bad news is that means that it's also been a month since I've painted. Now I'm facing a huge amount of Resistance to breaking free of illness-induced inertia and getting back to my life. I tried to go to my studio and paint one day last week, but my coughing just got in the way.

So, tomorrow, I'm going to try again. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

andrea said...

You seem to be ill all the time. What does your doctor say about this chronic unwellness?

Angela Wales Rockett said...

Andrea - It's funny, I don't feel like I'm ill all the time. But when I'm ill, I probably have a bit more of an online presence since I'm not doing anything else, so it might seem like I'm sick more often than I am. (Or maybe I'm just in denial that I'm aging and therefore getting sick more easily than I used to.) And the colds and such that I do get are usually little things that clear up after a day or two. Other than the bronchitis (a first for me, btw), the doctor says I'm in great shape.